You will need the following information to complete this process:
- Credit Card/Checking Account
- Texas Sales Tax Number (if applying as an in-state Corporation, LLC, or Partnership)
- Texas Franchise Tax Number (if applying as an in-state Corporation, LLC, or Partnership and no Sales Tax Number is held by the business)
- Federal Employee Identification Number (if applying as an out-of-state Corporation, LLC, or Partnership)
- Driver’s License Number (if applying as a Sole Proprietor for Weights and Measures Devices)
- Social Security Number (if applying as a Sole Proprietor for Nursery Floral)
- Previous TDA License Number (if application is due to a change in ownership or location)
Once you begin the process, you will need to enter the information prompted for each field. The fields with an asterisk (*) indicate fields that are required.
The failure to enter all the requested information results in an incomplete application which shall become void on the one-year anniversary of the submission of the incomplete application. A void application will not be processed and any application fee associated with the void application shall not be refunded. This action is not a denial of a license for any purpose under the Texas Government Code, the Texas Agriculture Code, or these rules. 4 Tex. Admin. Code § 2.1(e) (2010) (Tex. Dep’t. of Agric., Licensing).
After you have entered all of the required data, the system will transfer your information to the Texsas.gov payment processing system. In that system, you will provide your payment information. Upon payment, a receipt will be sent to the email address that you list during the payment process. Processing time is 30 business days.